RECIPE: Summertime Watermelon Marinade
August 4, 2018
- Watermelon (you'll only use half)
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup simple syrup or similar
- Onion Powder
- Red Pepper Flakes
- Corn Startch
- Puree 1/2 watermelon and sieve to remove solids.
- In a pot, combine watermelon, soy sauce, syrup, and seasonings to taste.
- Boil marinade to reduce volume by 2/3. (about 1 hr)
- Thicken with corn starch as needed.
- Marinade chicken for 3+ hours.
- Grill to perfection. We cook our drumsticks on a low heat, 10 min on the first side and 15 min on the second side. Shazam!
We hope you enjoy, and thank you for including meats from our small farm on your family's dinner table. From our pastures to your plate!