RECIPE: Savory-Sweet Pork Roast
October 9, 2020
Pork roasts should be low-stress. The recipes includes a little spice, a little fruit, and a lot of flavor. And we love a dish where all of the ingredients cook together in the same pot!
1 Pasture-Raised Leg of Pork Roast (~3.5 lbs)
2 small sweet potatoes halved
1 apple, quartered
2 pears, quartered
1 onion, coarsely chopped
1 tsp ground cloves
2 tsp ground ginger
½ tsp all spice
½ c water
Roasting pan large enough to hold your ingredients
- Fully thaw pork roast
- Pre heat oven to 325°F
- Mix dry ingredients in a small bowl
- Lay fruits and veggies in the bottom of your roasting pan, add water to prevent scorching, and sprinkle with half of the spice mixture.
- Rub remaining spices on the pork roast. Lay the roast on top of roasting pan ingredients.
- Roast for 1 hr 25 min. About 18 min per lb, or until an internal temperature of 145-155°F is reached.
- Remove from heat source and allow roast to rest for 10 minutes.
- Carve your pork roast by slicing in a method most convenient for you. Though much attention is paid to slicing across the grain in beef, pork is generally more tender, and this roast should be delightful any way you slice it!