RECIPE: Oven-Roasted Brisket
December 11, 2018
My favorite way to enjoy beef brisket is to slow roast it in the oven. Here's a simple recipe that results in a hearty meal easy enough for any ole' Sunday night and beautiful enough for a holiday centerpiece.
- 1 3-4 lb Brisket from Ramstead Ranch
- 3-4 large sweet onions, coarsely chopped
- 1 head of garlic, peeled and chopped
- 1 tsp salt or to taste
- 1 tsp ground pepper or to taste
- Preheat oven to 325 °F
- In a large oven-safe pot with a lid, add 1/2 of the onions and garlic,
- On top of the onion/garlic mixture add the raw, whole brisket (no need to brown it before-hand)
- Add the other 1/2 of the onions and garlic on top of the brisket
- Add salt and pepper NOTE: you could also add any delicious rub that you like, either sprinkled over all of the ingredients or rubbed directly on the raw brisket before you place it in the pot HOWEVER, if you are using a 100% Grassfed and Grassfinished Brisket, as I highly recommend you do, the flavor of the meat is going to be so incredible you won't want to hide it behind lots of seasonings and spices. Less is more!
- Add water to the pot until there is 1/2 inch pool in the bottom
- Cover the pot with lid
- Roast your brisket in the oven at 325 °F for about 3 hrs for a 3-4 lb brisket. It will come out incredibly juicy and tender.
- To serve, remove the brisket from the pot, slice across the grain in half inch strips and drizzle with the amazing oniony-garlicy juice from the bottom of your pot. That juice goes particularly well spooned over mashed potatoes, too. Don't waste it!
Make it easy. Make it beautiful. Most of all, enjoy knowing it was raised with love here on the farm. From our pastures to your plate!