RECIPE: Never Dry Chicken Breasts
October 5, 2020
- 2 tbsp oil of choice, butter or olive oil work well
- 4 Ramstead Ranch chicken breasts
- Your favorite seasoning rub
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Baking dish
- Meat thermometer
- Parchment paper
- Position oven rack to the middle and pre-heat to 350 °F
- Cut parchment paper large enough to reach slightly past sides of baking dish. Rub baking dish and one side of parchment paper with oil/butter
- Rinse chicken breasts and pat them dry. Rub with your choice of seasonings, salt, and pepper
- Place breasts in baking dish leaving space between each
- Lay the parchment paper over the breasts with the oil side down. Press the paper onto the breasts and down the sides. The paper should cover the breasts and make solid contact with the baking dish. If you have dry areas where the paper doesn’t stick to the dish, add oil/butter.
- Bake until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of ~165 °F. Begin checking temperatures after 20 min. For a 2 lb package, plan to cook approx. 30 min. For a 3-4 lb package of breasts, cook time is approx. 40 min.
Make sure the paper has good contact around the chicken breasts
Using a meat thermometer is a good idea. Poke it through the parchment and into the meat.