RECIPE: Lamb Chops With Pistachio Mint Pesto
Fresh, springtime flavors unite! Mint adds an aromatic eating experience to the savory flavor of lamb chops. Or try the pesto with pork chops. It is a simple condiment, handy to dish up when you want to add something extra special to your steaks and chops.
- 4 Lamb Chops from Ramstead Ranch
- 2 c mint leaves
- ½ c pistachios, roasted, salted, and shelled
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- Juice from 1 lime
- ½ c extra virgin olive oil
- Small Food Processor
- Cast Iron Skillet or Frying Pan
- Meat Thermometer
To make the pesto-
- Add mint leaves, pistachios, garlic, lime juice, and salt to your food processor.
- Coarsely grind ingredients.
- Slowly add olive oil and continue to grind until pesto reaches desired consistency.
To cook lamb chops-
- Sprinkle salt and pepper and any seasonings you like on your raw lamb chops.
- Pre-heat your skillet.
- Sear each side of your chops for 5-8 minutes.
- When the lamb chops reach 5°F below desired internal temperature, remove from heat and allow to rest 5-10 min.
Any cooking method you use to for beef steaks or pork chops will work for lamb. However, there are a few adjustments to make.
Lamb chops are small, so cook times will be shorter. Additionally, lamb has a specific temperature range that determines how well cooked the meat is.
We recommend using a meat thermometer to know the exact internal temperature of your lamb chops.
Here’s a reliable guide: