RECIPE: Italian Herb Meatloaf
September 12, 2021
This meatloaf is delicious with a delightful herby flavor. It's a fun alternative to the typical bacon-BBQ flavor profile associated with more traditional meatloaves.
- 2 pounds Ramstead ground beef
- 1/2 pound Ramstead ground pork
- 1 cup minced onion
- 1/2 cup catsup
- 1/2 cup seasoned dry breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt, 3/4 teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Thoroughly mix ground beef, ground pork, onion, catsup, breadcrumbs, eggs, Worcestershire sauce, oregano, basil, garlic powder, salt and pepper in large bowl. Pack mixture into 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- Bake until meat loaf is firm to touch in center, golden brown and has pulled away from sides of pan, about 1 hour 15 minutes.
- Transfer to platter to serve. Cut crosswise into slices.