RECIPE: Herb Stuffing
I tried this recipe several years ago because I love cooking with fresh herbs. It turned into a family favorite. This recipe will stuff a 16 lb bird or can be baked separately.
- 24 oz stale or toasted bread crumbs
- 1 c melted butter
- 3 c diced onion
- 2 c diced celery
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh sage
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 ½ c chicken stock or bone broth
- 2 large eggs
- Extra herbs for garnish
- Garlic press
- Kitchen twine
- Turkey pins
- Combine all ingredients and toss to mix thoroughly.
- Fill carcass and neck cavities of bird. Lace cavities closed with turkey pins and kitchen twine or your favorite method.
- Alternatively, place stuffing in oven safe container and bake for about 1 hour.
Dry bread crumbs can be toasted to make them more firm.
A pile of herbs is going to fill your kitchen with amazing aromas.
If you are putting this amazing herb stuffing inside your turkey, it helps to pin the skin closed, and cross lace with kitchen twine to help it stay closed while it cooks.