RECIPE: Cranberry Bread
October 18, 2021
One of my favorite holiday sides, we always have this one at the table. It's also a great breakfast bread.
- 2 c flour (works great with all purpose and whole wheat)
- 2.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 egg
- 1 c milk
- 1 1/2 c whole berry cranberry sauce (home made or canned)
- optional: 1 c walnuts
- optional: 2 Tbsp sugar for a sweeter bread
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine wet ingredients except cranberries.
- Combine all ingredients and stir until just combined.
- Cook in a muffin tin, small cast iron, or loaf pan.
- Bake until a toothpick, when inserted in the center, comes out clean. About 25 minutes for muffin tins and 75 minutes for loaf pan or cast iron.