RECIPE: 100% Grassfed Steaks On The Broiler
October 5, 2020
You don’t have to be a gill master to enjoy amazing steaks. If you have an oven with a broiler, use these tips to cook your steaks to perfection. Remember, truly grassfed steaks cook up faster than conventionally raised steaks, so pay extra attention to your cook times.
1-4 100% Grassfed beef steaks. This method works well for the following premium steaks:
Seasonings of your choice. Our staples are salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Truly grassfed steaks have an amazing flavor, so we avoid masking it with added seasonings.
Oven with broiler
Broiler pan (best) or cookie sheet
- Begin with fully thawed steaks. Allow steaks to come to room temperature. This takes about 1 hr. (Note: if this step makes you nervous about food safety, you can happily prep your steak while it is refrigerator cold.)
- Pat steaks dry to remove moisture. Rub with salt, pepper, and seasonings and place on broiler pan.
- Turn broiler on high. Position top rack ~ 6 inches away from upper heat element. This is usually the second spot provided.
- Place broiler with steaks in the oven and cook to the appropriate internal temperature listed below. Anticipate the following cook time per side:
- Rare (120-125 °F) 4 to 5 minutes, side one. 3 to 4 minutes, side two.
- Medium Rare (125-130 °F) 5 to 6 minutes, side one. 4 to 5 minutes, side two.
- Medium (130-135 °F ) 6 to 7 minutes, side one. 5 to 6 minutes, side two.
- *Important* After you cook your steaks and remove them from the heat source, the residual heat will cause them to continue to cook. Allow your steaks to “rest” by waiting 10 minutes before serving. The internal juices will redistribute, and the meat will continue to cook to your desired doneness.
- Enjoy your steaks and note the amazing flavor only 100% grassfed meat offers.