RECIPE: Kabobs In The Broiler
September 24, 2020
I love kabobs because they are an adventure. Entertaining to assemble, everyone can make their own to their exact preferences, and fun to eat! Kabob creation is a great way to break up the redundancy of fork and knife dinner time. And cooking options are flexible since kabobs are easy to grill outdoors or broil in the oven on a rainy day.
For me, kabobs are all about creativity. What disparate ingredients can I put on a stick will taste great together? I invite you to try different combinations and be adventurous! Kabob parties where everyone brings an ingredient or two to share make a fun evening, and the zany combinations are endless!
Kabobs are an excellent way to eat stir fry or steaks that need a little help to tenderize. The secret is to cut them up into bite sized pieces and marinade them. They becoming delicious and tender!
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp honey or maple syrup
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp dried rosemary
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- ~1 lb pork stir fry or steak cut into 1-inch strips
- Veggies or fruit to skewer- onions, garlic, peppers, pineapple, tomatoes, zucchini, mushrooms, other meats, shrimp, sweet potatoes, corn, potatoes, pretty much anything you can get on the skewer.
Wooden or metal kabob skewers
- In a large Tupperware, combine all the ingredients except meat and veggies.
- Mix well and add meat. Close the Tupperware up and give it a shake until the meat is covered with marinade. Let the marinade do its thing for 1 hr to overnight.
- Preheat boiler, cut up your skewer veggies into ~1 in pieces and assemble your kabobs. This is a super fun family activity.
- Salt and pepper assembled kabobs to taste.
- Broil about 3 inches from the burner on a broiler pan or cookie sheet while turning FREQUENTLY! Cook until everything is nice and done ~8-12 minutes. You can also cook the kabobs on the grill.
Get the ingredients:
Find our 100% Grassfed-Grassfinished beef stir fry or amazing pasture raised pork stir fry in our online store. Click below to view the products and order online.