RECIPE: Taco Casserole
August 1, 2021
My kids love taco casserole, It’s kinda like chip-less nachos, which to me means that pretty much any topping I can get excited about will be great. It is REALLY easy to make and leaves lots of room for creativity and fridge cleaning. ;)
- 1-2 lb Ramstead Ranch ground beef, or pork (amount depends on if you want meat or veggie heavy meal)
- 1 onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 pkg taco seasoning
- 2 c shredded cheese
Layers: use some creativity
There are a lot of options for layers. Here are some good ones:
- beans (black or refried)
- sour cream
- fire-roasted peppers
- Tortillas or tortilla chips
- Green onions
- Other veggies like lettuce and tomatoes
A baking dish (or dishes) that are big enough to fit all your fabulous layers.
- Combine onion and meat in a pan and brown. Once they have released a little liquid, add the taco seasoning. Continue to cook until meat is cooked through.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Layer ingredients into a greased baking dish.
- Top with a nice layer of cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes until the cheese is all melty and the dish is hot through.
- Garnish as desired and serve.
This recipe is also great for making ahead. Simply cover, refrigerate, bake for 25 minutes covered and 5 minutes uncovered.
Ready to bake!
Make a second pan ahead.